Monday, October 07, 2019

It's a new week... Monday!

It's Monday!  blue skies and cool fall weather.  Awesome! 
Hope you all had a good weekend, mine was a mixture of craziness and fun.  What can I say?  My bday was on Saturday, and so Friday my mother-in-law took me to lunch, and spent the day with hubby - fed the missionaries, had a movie marathon (ugh....Avengers Endgame and then Spiderman, far from home...too late for me!) which made Saturday morning a little sluggish...had breakfast with kids and then grocery shopping, working on daughter's house, trying to listen to conference (wow!!!) and then cleaning up our storage room after having a small water issue where everything got wet and we had to empty it out, dry it up and then I made sure it was a little organized as we put it back... made me late getting to watch the women's conference, which was awesome... 

Sunday the weather was gorgeous and we did a leaf ride up the canyon.  It was pretty, but I could tell we'd already missed some of the better color.  Still fun... the dogs had to be brought along - sigh...
I discovered this morning that there is white dog hair all over my black work bag...  I'm not sure it was worth it to bring the dogs, lol.  But they had fun...

So - hope your weekend was wonderful!! 

just a couple of fun things to share...  hopefully it will help make this Monday a good one!

National Chocolate Covered Pretzel Day - we had the pretzel thins on our car ride yesterday... the dark chocolate covered ones, so it was a day early, but good stuff!!  of course, you know anything chocolate covered is usually good in my book...

National Consignment Day - if you like consignment stores, this would be a good day to go search them out and support them.  I think it's a great idea, I'm just not organized to get my stuff to one.  I find it's easier to just donate it to someone and let them deal with it, lol. 

National Forgiveness Day - It's been said that sometimes the best thing for yourself is to forgive.  Forgive others who have offended, hurt or done something to you, forgive yourself for being less than perfect, etc.  Sometimes the worst thing we can do to ourselves is to hang onto those hurts and keep them festering in our souls.  Let go - take a page from the Disney world and just let it go.  Forgive others...forgive yourself.  Sometimes it's easier to say than do, but try.  Imagine what the hurt was and say good bye.  Imagine it being carried away in the wind to not bother you again.  That's the trick, isn't it?  It's easy to say you've forgiven, but when you come face to face with that person, what do you feel inside?  If you can see yourself shaking hands with that person and then being pleasant, then you are good.  I'm still working on this - it's hard.  But, it's so much better for you!!  Not forgiving someone is like slowly drinking poison and wondering why you're feeling so miserable...  It only hurts you.  Move on...take control...  You can do it.
This scene kind of reflects how important it is...


National Inner Beauty Day -  Everyone is beautiful.  It doesn't matter what the world thinks...what matters is what is on the inside.  Who you really are on the inside.  If you are a beautiful person inwardly, you will become beautiful to others because they will see that beauty and admire you for what you really are.  Physical beauty can be gone in an instant - accidents, illness, age, all of those things change how we look on the outside - but if you are truly beautiful on the inside, it won't matter.  And all of you are beautiful.  The world is all about someone discovering that they really are beautiful on the outside...but that's only working with what was on the inside to begin with.  My Big Fat Greek Wedding she calls herself 'frump girl'.  She wasn't comfortable or sure of herself.  When she discovered that she had strengths and a personality, she discovered her inward self and showed it to the world.  It had always been there inside of her.
One of my favorite clips of this movie...


It's National Frappe Day - which according the TheNibble is a New England word for milkshake.  Go figure...  but hey, go have a milkshake!!  I always thought frappe was related to coffee...  and that's what it says when I do a search online... I guess as long as you have something mixed with whipped cream on top, you're good.  :) 

World Day of Architecture - I think architecture is cool.  I love some older buildings, I like some of the lines of the newer buildings...though some of the streamlined things seem too impersonal.  I'm not big into the whole warehouse look, but some are fun.  I always think of the move The Lake House when I think of architecture.  I love that house (though it was built just for the movie and then demolished!! argh!) though I wonder how cold it would have been...or hot (not work in Utah!!).  I like the part where he takes her on a walking tour...

a humorous architecture movie is Mount Hunt.  You wouldn't really think this was about a house...and it's not, but it's a great sub plot.  The Missing Larue!!  The mouse is the main character...man vs mouse.  Who wins??  But this is one of our favorite parts... no words...just actions...

You'll want to end at 1:45...it's a little longer than wanted...


You Matter To Me Day
- Just in case you wonder if you matter to anyone...you matter to me.  Everyone matters, even if you think no one cares.  Think about the million stars in the sky...each one of them is surrounded by planets we can't see...and no one knows anything about the stars other than they are points of light.  You are a point of life for the world around you.  You may not realize that there are those using your light to guide their lives, but there are.  You are a light, you need to shine.  You matter.  
Have a good one!!

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...