Monday, October 21, 2019

Happy Monday everyone!

Hope everyone had a wonderfully relaxing and enjoyable long weekend!  I tried...  we got some things done, and then grandkids got sick...home repair didn't get as far along as expected and then we froze at a booth on Saturday, another grandkid got sick on Sunday...so, from one end to the other, so to speak.  🙂  

We watched Hocus Pocus on Thursday, which was fun.  Always good for a laugh!  Our grandchildren haven't seen it yet, so I guess we've extended the tradition another generation.  :)
 
Hope all your travels were safe and fun.  I've heard of several people that are sick!! 

So - not much to celebrate, but the two items are worth looking into!!

National Pumpkin Cheesecake Day!  Of course we're into everything pumpkin this time of year, but this sounds YUMMY.  I recently discovered the Cheesecake factory...and while I'm not that impressed with their food otherwise, the cheesecakes ARE amazing!  So - we might have to grab some to go...

Animated GIFNational Caramel Apple day!!  I tell you, I love me some caramel apples...especially when dipped in chocolate.  Slice those puppies up and share, and it's good stuff.  My son brought home one the other day to share and it was SOOO sour!!  😲 I didn't think they'd try that hard to counter act the sweet...  man.  My daughter used to bring them home once in a while from Kneeders and share them.  There was some awesome ones there.  I guess you could always just cut up an apple and dip in caramel, but then how would you work the chocolate???  I mean...that's kind of essential for me, lol.  
What I'm really sad about is last Saturday we missed celebrating Seafood Bisque!!  I love bisque...I guess it's the cream, right??  But Mushroom bisque??  Lobster bisque??  sigh...  we might have to have soup tonight.  Everyone will complain because we had stew last night, but I don't think it's the same thing, AND, I'm the mom.  I get to say...right??  If they want to cook, they can pick something else.  lol
 
anything with bisque means I have to share James...right?

Well - hope you have a great day!  It's going to be an awesome week!  🙂

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...