Thursday, October 10, 2019

A day past hump day...

Well...  hump day I was busy working (what??  You mean you actually work???  lol)  and there wasn't anything much worth sharing.  I did think briefly about finding something funny about hump day, but wasn't that motivated...  I kept thinking of this silly commercial by Geico...


So - I thought it would be fun to focus on AFTER hump day and see if that was better.  This will be shorter than Monday's (well, Tuesday's) epistle simply because 1) I am at work! and 2) there's not so much fun stuff to share.  (Thankfully everyone feels that this is a work related morale boosting endeavor so I try not to push it...  )
anyway - did anyone else notice that it didn't quite freeze as hard as all the warnings said??  At least not in our neck of the woods.  I barely even had frost on my windshield, so I'm wondering who had to bundle up to their earlobes because it wasn't me.  I'm hoping it's not frost bite weather tonight at the Stroll Kaysville (yes, shameless plug).  :)

I'm sure everyone has noticed the AMAZING leaves on the mountains this past week.  I tell everyone, I can't imagine living anywhere else, really.  From the east to the west, it's just an awesome view. 
Let's get to the meat of things...

International Newspaper Carrier Day -  Newspaper carriers are a dying breed, I hate to point it out, and it makes me sad.  We actually delivered papers as a family for about a year or so when we lived in Salt Lake.  It was the perfect route - right around our house neighborhood.  But...Sunday mornings were a PAIN and winter??  ugh!!  Now people can read the  news on their computer without having to go outside to get the paper...  It also means that there will be less of this happening, lol:

 

Motorsports Memorial Day: Apparently the motorsports industry wanted to promote safety in racing, so they got this day.  I have to agree that it's a crazy sport...  There are lots of movies about crashes and deaths and wins and losses.  I grew up next to a race track in California and could hear the announcers on race day.  Never did go to a race though...  didn't have that kind of money.  :)  What's your favorite racing movie?  This is one of mine... and this scene shows the danger for regular people.


National Handbag Day - Handbag!!  who even calls them that anymore?  I carry a purse (when I have to, lol).  There's even such a thing as a man-purse.  I think they're just messenger bags with a slight upgrade.  I know people that collect them, though.  They have a purse (handbag) for every outfit.  I don't like to change stuff over - I carry lots of stuff in my purse.  I  mean... I'm a mom - uh, grandma.  :)  And they're famous for being articles of defense...



Naval Academy Day - Since my family was big in the Navy, can't pass this day up.  Unfortunately, we couldn't talk any of our kids into joining the navy...but at least I have a nephew that's a Navy Seal, so we're partially cool. 


National Angel Food Cake Day -  and of course we end with food!!  I'm not a big angel food cake fan myself - it's so....fluffy and I like it better when it's already cut up and in triffle or something.  What's your favorite version?  We've also cut it up and dipped it in chocolate fondue...
I always think of this scene in Ground Hog Day when I think of Angel Food Cake... I mean, he can fit that whole thing in his mouth!!


Well...  have an awesome day - and keep warm!  :)

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...