Friday, September 27, 2019

It's Friday!

Hi all!  It's Friday...you made it.  This has been the craziest week!!  My weekend isn't going to be much calmer, but ya know.  My hubby's bday is Monday and Sunday is a family dinner...so it never ends.  If I could whisk him away somewhere for his bday that would sure be nice....for both of us!!  :)

I'm kind of torn on the whole rain bit...we're supposed to have quite the rain storm this weekend...same time I'm doing the first booth at Thanksgiving Point.  sigh.  If you come see me and mention my blog, I'll give you 40% off any painting!!!  hmm... that doesn't sound desperate, does it?  lol

Well... there's some fun stuff to talk about today, so I'll get to sharing so you can get to celebrating!

Ancestor Appreciation Day - I guess this would be a good day to dig out the old family records, journals or photos and talk about all the memories or what you know.  Perhaps even look up relatives you don't know on Ancestry.com or something.  I've found that ancestors are pretty cool.  What's that old saying...you can't know where you're going if you don't know where you've been?  Kind of works with your peopled past.  
 
Crush A Can Day - I'm sure this has something to do with recycling and stuff, but I figured it worked for the whole be a man, show you can crush a can.  You know, this used to be a big thing when cans were made of tin and it was a real show of strength to crush them.  Now a days, anyone can crush a pop can.  How about a soup can??  
This is a fun video of how to crush cans with heat and water...  if you have kids, they might get a kick out of this.



Google's Birthday -  well, happy bday to one of the best search engines ever.  I mean...everyone knows you ask google for everything!!  Have you ever seen the If Google was a Man videos??  They are pretty funny.  There's a lot of 'college humor' or should I say, language and some themeatic stuff that you might not like (I know I don't!!  we don't watch them anymore, I think there are 7 altogether now?)  I wish I could edit them!  but this one bit we like (and it's clean)  you don't have to watch the rest of it...!!!!  If you ask Siri or Alexa any voice commands, you'll totally get this.


Love Note Day - have a significant other?  Spouse?  This is the day to be a little extra romantic and let them know how much you love them.  I'm of the opinion that you can never say it too many times.  We say it on the phone...in a text every morning...as we say goodbye...  sigh.  It's awesome.  but you don't have to say I Love You...you can reiterate all the wonderful things about them that endeared them to you.  How funny they are, how amazingly handsome (or gorgeous), how sweet with children...etc.  Go on...you know you want to!

National Brave Day - Apparently this day is dedicated to women to help other women.  I think it should be for all people who go out of their way to help others.  First thing that came to mind, of course, was the movie Brave - but they don't have a clip of what I wanted to show, so, no clip.  But since all of you are pretty brave in my view - this day is for you.  :)


National Scarf Day:  This is so funny!  My granddaughter wanted to wear a scarf to school today.  And she didn't even know it was the day to do it!!  Talk about in style...  :)  Do you like scarfs?  I have several, but I hate things around my neck, so I rarely wear them.  I really like the ones with fringe...


Native American Day - I'll have to mention this to my grandchildren.  Their father is part Dakota Soux or something like that, so they are part as well.  I wonder how much he's told them about their ancestors??  I'm not sure he knows much about them...  We went to the Crazy Horse monument when we went to see our son in Minnesota.  It's a cool building, with lots of artifacts and information...but they haven't progressed far on the monument itself.  I can't imagine that kind of undertaking.  This photo shows the model of the sculpture and the sculpture in the background.

Vegan Baking Day - I don't know why this would be a day to celebrate, but perhaps they're trying to get people to think of other things to bake or bake with??  I'm not sure.  I guess if you're vegan, you don't bake with eggs, honey or milk...  so what would you bake??  bananas....beans... flour.... applesause...  it would work.  :)

World Tourism Day - everyone seems to benefit from tourism... (or as we liked to call them when I worked at Jackson Lake Lodge...tourons) so it's a big industry.  I feel bad for that company that just went bankrupt in England...that's not good.  Do you like to travel??  It's one of my favorite things.  Not necessarily the driving...or perhaps the long flights... but I LOVE cruises...and the beach, and scenery. We loved Vancouver Island!    So...  good stuff.  Did I mention I like travel?  LOL   I can't wait for my hubby to go to Hawaii with me.  I think he'd like it...  Where's you're favorite place to go??


National chocolate milk day -  Coolness, did you know that Cadbury was actually the founder of what we know today as chocolate milk??  It was sold as a health thing (kind of like Coke) and wasn't as sweet as we know it, but it was chocolate mixed with milk.  I think of how far the humble cocao bean has come... and I'm sure glad we have it!!! I love chocolate milk...I purposefully don't buy it because I would drink the whole gallon by myself, lol.


National Corned Beef Hash day  - and last... one of my favorite dishes introduced to me by my best friend.  I had never tried it until I was married and my friend mentioned that they were having it for dinner.  I was like, what??/  What is that?  And so I discovered you could buy cans of corned beef.  I didn't realize how much sodium is contained in that little can...  or how expensive the stuff is!!!  but, it's sure good!!  We haven't had it in a LONG time...  partially because of the sodium, and partially because I can't bear to pay so much for a small can.  But...I'm thinking we'll have to have it one night soon.  It's the perfect cold night comfort food.  :)  Especially with an egg on top.  I guess it could also pass for breakfast food, right?

Well...  hope you have a wonderful day and find something to celebrate and enjoy.  

I'll leave you with Mr. Brooks suggestion on how to start your day...  I think the granola over fruity pebbles is a crack up...

 
and - the latest that I've seen from Piano Guys...



No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...