Friday, September 13, 2019

It's Friday!!

So - it's the end of another week.  And another great week it was!  Not quite as busy as last week, which makes it a better Friday, I think.  Not that this weekend is going to be any bit relaxing, lol.  Doing a granddaughter thing tonight, facepainting in the morning, bday party in the afternoon... sigh.  Anyway - have lots I want to share as far as celebrating ideas go, so better get started...

Today is Blame Someone Else Day -  this makes me think of that old comic strip, family circus and the little kids...
How many of your kids ever said this???  I tell ya...  this is their day.  :)

Friday the 13th - for those of you who are supersticious, this is your day to be afraid.  Personally, I'm excited, it's my granddaughter's bday.  I never think of it as any other way now... lol

International Chocolate Day - yes!!  I know this is another created day to sell more chocolate, but for those of us who love chocolate, it's another reason to enjoy!!  What is your favorite shape or form of chocolate??  that's a hard choice...dark brownies?  Chocolate chip cookies?  rich dark cake??  my favorite ice cream...so many choices, so little time...

Kids Take Over The Kitchen Day - This isn't that big of a day for me...my kids are all adults and the ones living at home have a dinner night, so they take over the kitchen a lot.  I just wish they had a larger selection of dishes..and ordering out for pizza doesn't count, right???

National Peanut Day
I know they mean the nut and not the comic strip, but it had to be done...lol

I like peanuts.  Were you wigged out when you discovered that they grow under ground??  I thought it was crazy.  Potatoes and peanuts have lots in common!!

 Roald Dahl Day - The amazing author was born on this day in 1916.  He was 2 years older than my dad...wow.  Anyway - He wrote some great books, and if you haven't had a chance to read any, you've missed out.  Some of my favorites were made into movies, and while they aren't quite the same, they're pretty good.  James and the Giant Peach, Matilda, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory...  awesome.  Here's one of my favorite scenes...





Scooby-Doo Day - and of course, I grew up watching Scooby Doo on Saturday mornings.  Who didn't love that crazy group?  I think the movies were kind of lame...though my kids, well, my younger sons like them.















It's also Snack a Pickle Day... but I'm not sure what that means.  Eat more pickles??  hmmm

and last, but not least, it's Hug Your Boss DayNow a days that's a little difficult, some bosses would claim the whole harrassment thing, and it's not quite appropriate, but you can do the whole virtual hug bit.  Here's to ya, boss!!  👍

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...