Wednesday, September 11, 2019

In Memory... Never Forget

It's almost like this day creeps up on me now.  Some years I am waiting for it...knowing it's coming and planning.  It's helpful to remember it because my granddaughter's bday is the day before.  My sister's wedding anniversary is this date...and so is my in-laws.  I still forget to put the flag out till I get off work.  One of these years I'll remember before leaving.

What does this day mean to me??  It's the idea that something so terrible happened in my lifetime.  That I actually watched half of it happen on television...aghast that so many died.  It doesn't lessen the fact that Pearl Harbor happened, or that D Day was more horrific in terms of loss of people.  I believe those day's are important to remember as well, because EVERY life is precious.  If we don't remember these days and the horrors of war, then war becomes an easy thing.  Removed from our day to day life because of how well protected we are.  Despite the 'mass' shootings that happen almost monthly now, we are still relatively safer than anywhere else in the world.
Our military, our first responders, our wonderful public servants who make it their living to help and protect us deserve for us to remember them this day.

I hope you take the time to let them know how much they are appreciated and that we are thankful they are willing to do the tough jobs.  You are awesome!!!

Today is also Hot Cross Buns day...  You could make up a batch and take them to your local fire department or military personnel and let them know they are loved.  They always appreciate baked goods, lol.   They would also go real good with some hot chocolate, and it's a nice day for that!

It's the national day of service - lets get out there and so some good.  Remind everyone that there's a reason to live and care for each other.

And don't let your loved ones go without a hug and kiss - tell them you love them.  This day, 18 years ago, proved that you never know when it's going to be the last time you see them.






No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...