Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Bagels and Day three....

wow...it's almost like a challenge now.  Can I post tomorrow and keep it going?  I'm not sure, lol.  We'll see if I can rise to the challenge and go forth, right?? 

Well, had to mention that today is National Bagel Day!!  One of my favorite things to eat...  I specifically like Einsteins bagels, but almost any fresh bagel will do in a pinch.  Cream cheese is the shmear of choice, lol.  Did you know that Shmear is actually a Jewish thing??  I read about it yesterday when I was reading about the deli's.  Interesting. 
Anyway...  Have I ever mentioned how I had never had cream cheese until I was a teenager and someone had made a layered jello salad with cream cheese in it??  I was SOO amazed and wondered where it had been all my life.  I think cream cheese is one of the best inventions EVER.  (with regards to food... lol)  reminded me of the story my hubby told about sour cream...  Took a while for it to come to Utah from California as a condiment of choice with hispanic foods...  and his grandmother wanted to make them something and needed sour cream.  The store was very insulted that she was hoping to find 'sour' cream.  All their cream was fresh!!  :)  My how things change...

And...it's also strawberry ice cream day.  Some of us are a little less excited by that, but there ya go.  If you top it with dark chocolate, I'd be all for it... 

Oh well...  Hope you have a great day.  It's Wednesday and you've made it half way through the week...and it's all good from here on, right??  Yes!! 

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...