Monday, January 13, 2020

It's Monday, are you ready?

For another week?  I don't know if I am or not, but it's one of those 'ready or not, here it comes!' type things.  And we have another round of snow, which on one hand petered out - dang it, and on the other hand - petered out, cool, I don't have to drive in it.  Ya know?  If we're going to have snow, can't we get the whole dump so we get a snow day out of it??  I mean, it happened last year for some people...

That makes me sound like I don't like my job.  I do - but sometimes Mondays call for an extra day off to recoup from all the stuff needing to be done on the weekend because there's not enough time during the week.  Sometimes I think our society is just too busy.  Argh.   Well...  regardless, we're back at it, right?  And it's all good.  We're fortunate to have jobs, to be active and working, and to have the chance to interact with others.  One of the reasons I like my job is that I feel like I'm also serving others at the same time.  Does that make sense?  I guess it's kind of like being a firefighter or a policeman.  You are providing a service to the community at the same time you are working to earn a living.  Kind of cool.  Education is the same way.

Today I'm feeling a little bit of a creative emptiness.  You could almost say writers block, except I'm not in the middle of something.  It just feels as if the creative juices have dried up for a bit and I've got to figure out how to make them jazzed up again.  How do you get your day going when it doesn't feel like there's anything out there for you?  I'd love to hear your ways of beating the wintry Monday blues.

Well...  perhaps some silly things will help the day brighten a little.  There's a couple of things to contemplate...


Make Your Dream Come True Day - making goals and resolutions and all that is all fine and good - but what about making your own dreams come true?  We don't get fairy godmothers in reality, we are our own fairy godmothers and have to rely on ourselves and our own desires and passions.  What does it take??  You want to be a _____?  What does it take to get there?  What is it you need to change in your life to make that happen?  Sometimes it's just time and practice and determination.  We don't always want to hear that anything is possible, but it takes work.  We want it to happen with the snap of a finger, without having to spend hours and years to make it happen.  I wanted to be a writer when I was a teenager.  I didn't really do what I needed to do consistently until I was MUCH older.  But it has come.  It will always come if you really work at it...  so the question is, what is your dream and what are you willing to do to make it happen??
This blip from Pretty Woman came to mind...

Hopefully you can hear it, I couldn't, lol
 

National Clean Off Your Desk Day - this is always good, we always need an excuse to clean off our desks, right?  Well, those of us who are less consistently organized than others, lol.  My desk at work is great - my desk at home is quite the opposite.  My husband was commenting that his desk was being taken over by his balloon stuff.  (He twists balloons on the side, and all his supplies are on his desk.)  I said I had the same problem with my paint and business stuff.  When you have to mix business with life, I think it's harder to keep the desk clean, is all I'm saying.  Well....those of you who have clean desks have time to go do something else today.  I don't know that I'll get to cleaning mine off today anyway, lol.  I think this is the best idea...
 
Rubber Ducky Day -  there's a debate as to when the real rubber ducky day is... between now and February and so, you get to choose.  I'm making note of this one just because it's silly... 


National Peach Melba Day - And the only food thing worth mentioning is Peach Melba.  What is Peach Melba anyway?? peaches, raspberry sauce and whipped cream.  I'm not a big fan of peaches unless it's peach cobbler...so, won't be celebrating this day, lol.  My daughter wanted to make cookies yesterday, so we might have to be making them today.

Hope you have a great day and get enjoying the Mondayness of life!! 

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...