Thursday, January 16, 2020

Surprise - I did it!! day 4...

Well...amazingly enough, here we are with day four this week.  Don't get too used to it, I don't know that I'll be able to keep this up over the weekend, lol.  Hope you were able to enjoy a bagel yesterday!  I had full intentions on making some of that recipe I shared, but it didn't happen.  sigh.

Today has a couple of fun things... 
first is Appreciate A Dragon Day - personally I love dragons.  When I was a teenager I discovered the Dragonriders of Pern series and I was hooked.
  What an amazing imaginative animal!  I think they ought to try a live action version of them...  But anyway, there is another version - How to Train Your Dragon.  I never read the book, (my daughter says it's not quite like the movies, but it's okay) but the movies are way fun.  I like how they've done the last one - but this clip is from the second one.


Fig Newton Day - these are one of my hubbies favorite snack/treats.
He's loved Fig Newtons forever, and I grew up with them.  I like them and will eat one or two, but he really likes them and we usually have to get a pkg when going on a road trip.  We used to get red licorice too, but that's kind of gone the way of the dodo as it's tooo much sugar for us old people now...  :)

National Quinoa Day - I like quinoa, I really do.  But I don't see the big draw.  It has so many calories for a serving.  It's supposed to be full of protein and be really good for you...but I have a hard time feeling full after one serving.  I like to mix it with other grains, like brown rice/wild rice and it goes farther.  What's your favorite version or way of cooking it?

and last...International Hot and Spicy Food day - my daughters favorite day, lol.  She puts hot sauce on almost everything.  Of course, that's when she's not dipping everything in ranch dressing... where did I go wrong??  I'm not sure she's my daughter....

So - hope you have a great day!  It's Thursday...that means one more day till the weekend.  The teachers are counting the hours because no students tomorrow and they get the whole day to prep.  Most of us are thinking of three day weekends...  life is good.



No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...