Thursday, January 30, 2020

It's Thursday! It's snowing...

makes me think of that old song... It's raining, it's pouring, the old man is snoring...  It's wet, it's snowing, the weather man is crowing, lol.  (has it ever hit you that the song - the old man is snoring - is actually kind of creepy??  He went to bed and bumped his head and couldn't get up in the morning??  one of my kids said that means he died, right??  I'm hoping that because he's snoring he's just got a concussion!!!  some of these songs are pretty scarey, like ring around the posy...sigh)
Sorry for that tangent...  lol
 Hope you are enjoying the weather as much as I am.  If I didn't have to drive around in it, it would be perfect, but it's not really sticking to the roads anyway, so ya know.

There's nothing really big to tell you about today, other than it's National Croissant day!!  The first time I heard about them I thought - what's the big deal?  And then when I had one as an adult, I was totally smitten.  My favorite thing is to have them with hot chocolate and dip them.  Then my daughter started working for Kneaders...which as most of you will know, has quite the bakery.  Oh. My.  She brought home these twice baked almond filled things that were absolute heaven!! (that's one of the things I miss about her not working there anymore, lol - when she'd bring home leftover stuff from the bakery!!)  That's now my favorite type.  I have yet to try making them...there are simply tooo many layers full of butter and I don't think I can stomach knowing how much butter is actually in one, lol.  My hubby loves them with chicken salad.  What is your favorite type and how do you like to eat them?  Whichever way you like - enjoy one today!  :)


No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...