Thursday, January 09, 2020

Snow thoughts

ever feel the touch of snow on your face?  Light flakes that are just floating down and land on your cheek...  It's light as a feather, almost a caress as it lands and sits there for a moment before melting.  Made me think of kitten paws and cotton balls and down feathers.
It's one of the reasons I like snow more than rain...  I don't feel wet in snow for some reason.  I don't use an umbrella unless it's really coming down.  I like the sound when it hits my coat...the light/soft plink.  It makes me think of white rose petals drifting down.
I watch as it piles up on the bushes outside my window, or the tree leaves and branches.  I spent an hour or so one Sunday watching little birds flitting about in the snow on a tree limb, it was fascinating.  Have you ever taken the time to live in the moment?  That is kind of the encouragement right now - learn to meditate and live for the moment. 
I'm trying to enjoy the moment right now, watching the snow and drinking hot chocolate.
Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...