Thursday, January 09, 2020

It's Thursday...

and the week is almost over.  First week back to work for some of us of the new year.  Has it been a good week?  I've heard mixed reviews.  Some teachers are glad to have some structure back in their lives, lol - and some are wishing they hadn't slept in the whole two weeks.  It made it Sooo much harder to get up early on Monday.  sigh.  It all comes down to sleep, right? 




have a couple of fun things for today, so hopefully if you are feeling a little down by the week, look forward to tomorrow, it's Friday!!



Balloon Ascension Day - In honor of this day 1793, we think all things hot air balloon!!
I think hot air balloons are amazing.  We have gone to the one in Eden every year for the past four years, and it's the funnest thing, watching them rise up in the morning!!  At night they do this awesome glow, where they just get the flames going inside so you can see the balloons.  It's cool stuff.  I haven't ever had a chance to go up in one, but I think it would be amazing.  Have you?

Law Enforcement Appreciation Day  - and for those of you who know and appreciate the law enforcement people all around us, this is the day to show them your appreciation.  I like that it's because of all the negative feelings and actions around them in today's society.  I have an older brother that was a deputy sheriff for over 20 years.  His body took some major abuse, but he lived for the job.  There were times when he'd tell me about separating a couple in a domestic violence call and how it took all he had to not beat the spouse to a pulp.  The restraint the good ones exert is amazing, and it takes a special person to fill this job.  I know I couldn't do it!! I have a nephew on my hubbies side that's a deputy now.  He's been the resource cop at one of the junior highs for a year or so, and has loved working with the kids.  I tell ya, these are some great guys.
I love the movie It Could Happen To You where Nicholas Cage's character just loves being a cop - even after he wins the lottery, all he wanted was to be a cop.  I tried to find a clip of him saving the day in the grocery store, but no one has done that. 


National Cassoulet Day - I always thought Cassoulet was the beginning of the casserole.  How many of you thought that??  Well, according to The Nibble, apparently it's an acual dish or pot that the stew was made in, way BACK in time during a siege in France.  It's main ingredient is meat with some beans.  Apparently you can't leave out the beans - they are the main thing. In fact, this dish is often served on Bean day, which is the 6th.  Go figure...  It just makes me think of the scene in Last Holiday where the chef is making a gourmet dinner at a high class hotel...

I love this movie... 

National Static Electricity Day - static electricity is a strange thing.  It's one of those things that everyone loves to play with, but no one likes to get shocked with, right?  One the favorite shows I used to watch with my kids soooo many years ago, was Bill Nye the Science Guy.  His shows were geared for kids, kept their attention, and were highly entertaining as well as educational.  This is one of the spots where he demonstrates static electricity.


Our favorite principal has a new video out, it's about classroom management for this week back.  I think it's pretty fun...although, is it me or does he seem to be including alcohol a lot in his recent videos??  lol Not sure it's a good thing to encourage classroom drinking, right??


So - hope you have a great day and weekend.  It's a great day!!

and for those of you hating the winter days....

No comments:

Wow... really??

so - I didn't realize it has been that long since my last post.  I think I kind of gave up on it, knowing I don't have many follower...